To make things simple we recommend that you pack these 3 bags the night before you depart to ensure a swift departure and organization during the trip.
1. DRYBAG- You will need to pack in a DRYBAG [approx. 25 – 35 Liters] for everything you will need during the Tao Experience. You have access to this bag during the day and take it down to the base-camps at night. If you do not have a drybag they are available for sale in our offices at check in.
2. HANDCARRY – We also recommend a SMALL DRYBAG [approx 5-10 Liters] for items such as camera and your book to carry around in the islands during the day. You can also share this bag with your partner, its up to you.
3. CHECK IN LUGGAGE – The rest of your stuff will be packed out of the way in the hold of the boat and can be accessed every now and again to replenish your day pack. We recommend that you store your valuables such as passports and wallets deep inside your main luggage. We try to keep the luggage room dry at all times, however if you are traveling with a laptop we suggest to store it in a waterproof dry bag to avoid accidents during transfers and very bad weather.
In your waterproof DRYBAG you will need:
- Sun hat or cap, sunscreen, and sun glasses.
- Sarong (for boys and girls…All around use – day towel, sun protection, beach loungers)
- A refillable water bottle (it’s important to keep hydrated)
- A small towel, shower gel, tooth brush [WE DO NOT PROVIDE TOWELS]
- Flashlight or Head torch (to find your way around in the dark)
- Change of clothes, shorts and t-shirts/vests for the day
- Swimwear during the days because you will be in and out of the water
- A rash guard for sun protection and guard against jellyfish stings [optional- but very advisable]
- In the evening you can shower and put on some very light weight trousers and a long sleeve top or shirt to minimize insect bites
- Insect Repellent [we recommend and sell Kwan Loong Oil in our shop]
- Sandals or reef shoes
- Camera, a good book, ipod
- A lightweight Rain Jacket – just in case you get a rainy day!
- You will not need jumpers and warm clothing
- All travelers must have their own Travel Insurance!
For sale in our offices and nearby shops: KwanLoong insect repellent, Tao rash guard, Tao T-shirt/Singlet, Aqua shoes, Drybags, Refillable water bottle, fins, mask and snorkels, etc.